Some more shit I’ve been thinking about lately. It’s all going below the jump, cause I don’t want to break up my pretty HTML list tags.
- It is completely impossible to be badass in flip flops.
- Newcastle Brown Ale comes in cans. This is an awesome thing, and I did not know it until my brother went to Vegas this weekend and bought some. Also, I now have a 24 oz bottle of Red Stripe, which will be reviewed this weekend sometime after I drink it.
- I started smoking with the intention of quitting. See, I believed all the propaganda that people start smoking to relieve stress, and then have a hard time quitting solely because of the nicotine. I figured, “Hey, I don’t stress much, so I don’t really need them for that. I’ll see how hard it is to quit.” Then it turned out I liked smoking; it’s actually rather enjoyable. Does this make me an addict? Possibly, but the odd thing is I don’t really care, and have absolutely no desire to quit. Fuck you, lungs!
- The PATRIOT Act allows the government to check library and bookstore purchase records (cause, you know, that’s somehow in the interest of national security). Books I have purchased from our local bookstore include Che Guevara on guerrilla warfare, Abbie Hoffman’s “Steal This Book,” Guns and Ammo magazines, and US Army survival manuals. To be honest, I’m a little surprised the FBI hasn’t kicked down my door yet.
- Any girl who puts on the Clash’s “London Calling” album when you’re getting intimate for the first time is a keeper.
- Speaking of the Clash, they’re probably the greatest band ever. If I were stuck on a desert island with only one CD, it would be the Clash. If you don’t like them, you are wrong.
- Speaking of girls, coffee and a walk in the park is probably the best cheap date there is.
That’s it for now, I’ve got to run. More later maybe, and more booze reviews coming soon.